Find Information & Research Databases
IMPORTANT NOTE: Some databases can be accessed only in the library; some require a
Clevnet or Greater Access card (look for the Clevnet or Greater Access logo). Some are only available with a valid Willoughby-Eastlake Public Library card, which is designated by a prefix of 10005 or 28089.
If you have trouble logging in please Contact Us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Articles and Research
Some Clevnet databases can be accessed only in the library. Home access is available for some with a valid Willoughby-Eastlake Public Library card. If you have trouble logging in please Contact Us .
Search all EBSCOhost Databases
These databases are provided by the Ohio Web Library to all Ohio residents. You may be asked to enter your zip code and/or your local public library card number before entering. Sources exclusively available on Ohio Web Library include:
- Explore Ohio
- Ohio Death Certificate Index (1913-1944)
- Ohio History Central | Online Encyclopedia
- Ohio Memory Online Scrapbook
- Ohio.gov: Government Information & Services
Career and Employment
Some databases can be accessed only in the library. Home access is available for some with a valid Willoughby-Eastlake Public Library card; some require Greater Access cards. If you have trouble logging in please Contact Us .
- Career Cruising - Learn more about yourself and careers that suit your interests. Search for careers and find out what they are really like. Find out where to get the education you need to start your career, and strengthen your job search skills and find actual job postings.
- Business Source Premier - Research company profiles, industry profiles, and look at market research reports. Coverage includes virtually all subject areas related to business
Continuing Education and Online Classes
- Atomic Training : A how-to learning resource with over 60,000 video tutorials on more than 150 computer software applications and operating systems including Microsoft Office Products, Adobe, Apple, Google, and more
- Learn4life: Online Adult Education - (Only WEPL Card) Highly interactive courses in accounting, finance, design, health care, language and arts, law and legal, personal development, teaching, technology, writing, and more. Take each course entirely over the internet. All courses are led by expert instructors. Courses run for six weeks and new sessions begin monthly. Click here or the image on the right to watch a tutorial or follow these 3 easy steps:
- Search for a Course.
- Log in or register.
- Click Enroll Now and enter your library card number.
- LearningExpress Library - (Greater Access / Clevnet Member Library )Provides an interactive online collection of practice tests and tutorial courses to help patrons, students, and adult learners succeed on the academic or licensing tests they must pass. You'll get immediate scoring, complete answer explanations, and an individualized analysis of your results.
- Mango Languages - (Any Ohio Library Card) Mango is the most effective way to learn to speak a foreign language! Our online language learning system teaches actual conversation skills for a wide variety of languages. It’s so fast and easy, you’ll be talking after just one lesson.
Do-It-Yourself and Automotive
- ALLDATA (In-library use only) - This database is a source of automotive OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) information. ALLDATA provides diagnostic and repair information from vehicle manufacturers.
Some Clevnet databases can be accessed only in the library. Home access is available for some with a valid Willoughby-Eastlake Public Library card. If you have trouble logging in please Contact Us.
- Ancestry Library Edition (In-library use only) -- Provides easy access to more than 4,000 genealogy databases with a single search. Coverage focuses primarily on the United States and the United Kingdom, although other areas are covered. Databases include the complete U.S. Census & Index (1790-1930), vital, church, court, and immigration records.
- Cleveland Necrology File -- Contains local cemetery records and newspaper death notices for the following years: 1833, 1847-1848, 1850-1975. For necrology information after 1975, please use the Cleveland News Index.
- Cleveland News Index -- Obituaries from the Plain Dealer and the Cleveland Press are included from 1976 to the present. Full text not available.
- Heritage Quest -- Features the U. S. Census, 1790-1930 (1850-60 Slave Census Schedules not included), The Periodical Source Index (PERSI), A digitized collection of more than 25,000 family and local history books, Records from the Revolutionary War Era Pension and Bounty-Land Warrant Application Files and Freedman’s Bank Records (1865-1874).
These databases are provided by the Ohio Web Library to all Ohio residents. You may be asked to enter your zip code and/or your local public library card number before entering.
Homework Help for Kids & Teens